Committee of Recommendation
Petra was born in Hoorn and trained as a concept thinker. She worked eight years as an art director (plus two years as an intern direct marketing (assistant art director), sales promotion (junior art director) and above the line (art director)) at renowned international advertising agencies for A-brands. In 2001, the Gerrit Rietveld Academie admitted her. During this study she made her breakthrough with her charity art project Heart-World, making a better world. She is an artist, organizes Art Zuiderzee and studies Event & Tourism Management and Event Operations in her evenings. She has been hosting art dinners since 2003 until COVID-19 in her home studio (1-30 people three times a week). In 2014 she founded AMFAD and showed a mix of architecture, media, fashion, art and design in an empty building in the Houthavens and in 2021 she showed the same group in Hotel Spaander in Volendam. In 2019 she exhibits in the Group Exhibition in the Gorcums Museum 'Move! Movement in contemporary art' supported by the Mondriaan Fund and Fonds Kwadraat. In 2021 she founded AiR Spaander, a residency program in Hotel Spaander. In 2022 Josilda da Conceição Gallery presented her art in a duo show and in November 2022 Upstream Gallery selected her work 'different perspectives' to participate in BYOB, an open source concept by Rafaël Rozendaal.
- Orientated year Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- Communication Arts (international portfolio related education operating under the VU)
- Graphic design Amsterdam
- Event & Tourism Management
• Artist petrahart.com
• Eight years art director at renowned international advertising agencies (A-brands)
• Two-year trainee art director (DM, SP, advertising)
• Art dinners 1-30 pax/3x p.w. from 2003 to Covid-19
Founder director and organiser
- Heart World Making a better world.
- 5-in-1 Tunics Your ultimate travel partner
- AMFAD Architecture, Media, Fashion, Art, Design
- AiR Spaander Volendam Artist in Residences
- Art Zuiderzee Route Art route around the Zuiderzee
In addition to his work as an advisor to the Board of Directors of Arkin (GGZ), Bas is internationally active as an art collector baskuiper.com and in that capacity is included in the Apollo Top 40 under 40 Europe list and Top100 list of most important living Dutch art collectors. He is chairman of the Art Zuiderzee Route Foundation. In addition, Bas is co-founder of three art initiatives: AiR Spaander, AMFAD and Rembrandt’s Dog.
In the past ten years, Bas Kuiper has curated a variety of exhibitions. From a solo exhibition by the British-American painter Ben Young to a large group exhibition (AMFAD) in which a crossover between art, fashion and design has been realized. He was one of the first to make multiple exhibitions with Raquel van Haver since her graduation from HKU in 2012.
- Master Klinische Psychologie, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, afgerond (judicium ‘met veel genoegen’) 09/06-03/08
- Bachelor Klinische Psychologie, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, afgerond 09/02-09/06
- Management development traject, AVOP, afgerond
- Klinisch leiderschap in 1 dag, Nyenrode Business Universiteit, afgerond 2019
- PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner, ICM, afgerond
Anna Kuznetsova holds 4 degrees.
- LLB Law
- BA in Art History (Summa Cum Laude)
- MA in International Relations
- MA in Art Business from Manchester University (Sotheby’s Institute of Art, London, UK).
• A board member of the US Government Contracting Small Business company alagant.com
• Managing Director of a Dutch Investment Fund - a Conscious tech B.V. aconscioustech.com
• An international serial entrepreneur, a polymath, and a cross-cultural negotiations expert
• In the role of Vice President led the international affairs of a non-profit art organisation with 15,000+ members - Creative Union of Artists of RF
• Facilitated projects in a number of countries, including The Netherlands, Singapore, and the US
• With the team of financial and economy experts invented a formula to predict the market attitude of art as an investment – a highly sought-after solution for this asset class.
• Created business model/mission/vision for numerous projects worldwide
• Guest lecturer at Webster University Geneva, Switzerland and Sotheby’s Institute of Art, London, UK
Hester Gersonius is a freelance communication strategist with a background in Art History and Communication. Collaborates with purposeful organizations that operate at the intersection of art, design and technology.
- BA Communication
- Academy Artemis basic module Styling
- Art History University of Groningen
- Art History VU Amsterdam
- Bonhoeffer College Culture & Society
- NCOI Education Architecture
- Bad Reputation – Doing good and having fun
- A Manic Monday – The #1 cross stitch pattern subscription
Employers and clients
- Amsterdam Economic Board
- Next Nature Network
- Van Abbe Museum
- Amsterdam Museum
MARIE CLAIRE VAN SCHOOTEN - VAN GELDER
Born and raised in the art & antiques world, Marie Claire knows this sector well and has a very warm heart for it and has also built up a large (international) network in this sector. In addition to her commercial work, she is founder & chairman of Swapna Foundation: educating girls & women in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
Marie Claire is a marketing & communication professional and has built up national and international experience in various disciplines such as positioning, sponsorship & partnerships, advertising and PR for both multinationals and charities. From Fine de Claire Communicatie' she realizes projects that make art & culture more accessible to a wider audience, with the aforementioned disciplines as a common thread for, among others, the Princessehof Ceramics Museum, Leeuwarden, DIVA: Diamant Museum, Antwerp, TEFAF Maastricht and Amsterdam Light Festival.
Maarten Bertheux (1947) is a former curator of the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam (1989 – 2006). Since 2006 he has worked as an independent curator for various museums and biennials, including Sao Paulo (2008), Seoul (2008) and Moscow (2013).
After studying Business Economics at Erasmus University Rotterdam, he worked in the financial and real estate sector for 18 years, of which the last 8 years in management positions. To further deepen his real estate knowledge, he completed the postgraduate study Master of Real Estate at the Tias Nimbas Business School Tilburg University in 2010.
At the end of the nineties, a passion for contemporary art arose, resulting in a great involvement in the cultural sector in the Netherlands. In addition to being a collector of contemporary art, he is a board member of various cultural foundations and (co-)initiator of innovative initiatives to promote the cultural climate in the Netherlands. He has built up an extensive (international) network in the art world. In 2012 it was time to bring his passion for culture and core competencies in the field of finance and real estate together in Backing Grounds. A practice that focuses on connecting and bridging the domains of culture, real estate and finance. The focus is on issues about financing and real estate that artists, creatives and cultural institutions encounter in their daily practice.
- Drs, Business Economics Erasmus University Rotterdam
- TIAS School for Business and Society
Committee of Recommendation
Mark Grol is director of PAN Amsterdam, the largest national art fair in the Netherlands. Before that, he was Managing Director of auction house Sotheby's in Amsterdam, Paris and London. He has also been a director of galleries in Paris and Hong Kong. Mark studied art history at the University of Groningen.
• Director PAN Amsterdam
• Managing Director of auction house Sotheby's in Amsterdam, Paris and London.
• Director of galleries in Paris and Hong Kong
- Art History University of Groningen
ELS VAN ODIJK † 30 august 2023
Els van Odijk is an independent professional in the contemporary art arena focused on process, strategy, development and innovation and was General Director of the Rijksakademie van Beeldende Kunsten between 2010 and 2018, Member of the Advisory Committee on Mint (Ministry of Finance), Chairman of the Awards Ceremony of Science Innovation Jury of the Koninklijke Hollandse Maatschappij der Sciences, Board member of Not Normal Int. Foundation, Member of the Advisory Board of the Jacqueline van Tongeren Fund Foundation, Board member of the Bijlevelt Foundation, Board member of De Gijselaar - Hintzenfonds, Visiting Professor of the Royal Academy of Art.
- Doctoral student Art History Utrecht University
- The New Commissioner Certificate Governance
Ernst Veen was director of the Nieuwe Kerk (1981-2011) and director (and founder) of the Hermitage in Amsterdam (2004-2011). Owner and advisor of the company Meedenker b.v., Cultural Entrepreneurship and projects. In 2016 Ernst published a book: Wonder Gardens in combination with Visual Art. He presented six episodes entitled Tuinen van Verwondering on the NPO.
- IJ Prize
- Cross of Honor of the House Order of Orange (2019)
- Order of Friendship
- Commander in the Order of Orange-Nassau (2011)
Urban planner; founder of the Palmbout Urban Landscapes office in Rotterdam.
- Co-designer of, among other things, the Masterplan IJburg (Amsterdam 1995) and of the settlement on the Markerwadden (2018).
- Em. Professor van Eesteren Chair (2014-2019) at Delft University of Technology.
- Author of the book "IJsselmeer area - spatial perspective", 2018.
Ronald Nijboer is an author and researcher. He wrote 'Wereldzee in de polder', in which he followed the iconic journey of the French art historian Henry Havard in 1873 around the Zuiderzee. He sailed around the IJsselmeer in a 19th-century tjalk and investigated how we have dealt with the landscape and our culture. He previously published 'Tabé Java, Tabé Indies'. Ronald is also a senior researcher/advisor in the culture and heritage sector. He has worked for governments, cultural funds, museums and film festivals. Ronald has lived almost all his life around the IJsselmeer. He grew up in the Noordoostpolder, lived in Amsterdam for many years and has now returned to the bottom of the former Zuiderzee.
Masters in Sociology
Bachelors Commercial Economics and Sports Management
Carolien Gehrels was born in 1967 on the bottom of the Zuiderzee, on School Farm De Drieslag in Dronten. This school farm was part of the Christelijke Agrarische Hogeschool, which was founded by Henk van Harten and her father Johan Gehrels in Ede and came to Eastern Flevoland in the early 1960s to create an agricultural knowledge center in Dronten. Carolien went to Groningen in 1986 to study Dutch language and literature and came to Amsterdam in 1992. From 2006 to 2014 she was alderman for the PvdA in Amsterdam, with art and culture, economic affairs, monuments and public companies in her portfolio, among other things. She has been working for Arcadis since 2014, first as European city director and from 2021 as global director energy transition. She is also active in the cultural sector, including as chairman of the Holland Festival and the More Music in the Classroom Foundation.
Dutch language and literature
University of Groningen
2006-2014 Alderman of Amsterdam
Portfolios art and culture, economic affairs, monuments and public companies
ADRIANA GONZALEZ HULSHOF
Managing director Museum Kranenburgh
Manager Parnerships & Sponsoring Nationale Opera & Ballet
Founding director Amsterdam Art
Head of Department International Network Partners Prince Clause Fund
Nina Folkersma is an independent curator of modern and contemporary art. In recent decades she has organized a wide range of exhibitions, symposia and projects, including for the S.M.A.K. (Ghent), Museum Boijmans Van Beuningen (Rotterdam), Centraal Museum (Utrecht), WEST (The Hague) and the Oude Kerk (Amsterdam). In addition, she regularly writes for artists' catalogs and magazines such as Metropolis M. Her interest is in particular in performance, interdisciplinary projects, female artists and surrealism. From January 2021 to January 2023, Nina Folkersma was director of Amsterdam Art, the organization that organizes the annual Amsterdam Art Week. Since then she has been working as an independent curator again.
Art History, MA (summa cum laude), University of Amsterdam, 1988-1995
Curatorial Programme, De Appel, Amsterdam, 1995-1996
- Interim Senior Curator, The Noordbrabants Museum
- Interim Curator Contemporary Art, Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam
- Advisor BIS application West, The Hague
- Board member Stichting Rover, interdisciplinary dance company Amsterdam
- Board member Stichting Eva Bartels, cross-over art/theatre projects, Amsterdam
YVETTE VAN CALDENBORGH
From an early age, Yvette's father took her to galleries, museums and artists' studios. These visits always felt like true adventures. After high school she studied art history and obtained her master's degree at Leiden University. She studied Post War and Contemporary Art at Sotheby's Educational Center in London. There, the teachers took them to the London Art Scene and experienced the emergence of young British artists such as Damien Hirst and Tracey Emin up close.
After completing her studies, she became curator of the Caldic Collection. Her father is the founder of this collection and of museum Voorlinden. After years of curating, art consultancy and touring with art lovers, she realized the power of storytelling in art and started Art Fix the online storytelling platform that makes contemporary art accessible.
She is now on the board of Museum Voorlinden. The collection is diverse and varies from modern to contemporary art with sub-collections for sculptures, self-portraits and Zero art.
- Leiden University 1986-1992
Masters, Art History
- Sotheby's Institute of Art, London 1991
Post war and contemporary art
- Art Fix Discover inside stories and secrets of the contemporary art world
- Museum Voorlinden
- Outset Netherlands
- Sculpture Club
- Caldic Collection 1992-1996
- Secondary school in Bussum
• Tennis and hockey
• In 2022 Jimmy cycled the small Zuiderzee round and in 2023 he will cycle the big round
The first Art Zuiderzee Route will take place in the summer from 21 June to 8 September 2024, lasts 80 days and is 408 km long.
Art Zuiderzee is a summer art route and shows international and national site-specific visual art in or around cultural heritage that is part of the Zuiderzee area. Art Zuiderzee consists of (e)bicycle and sailing routes and connects everything in and around the Zuiderzee area.
The Art Zuiderzee Visitor experiences the diversity and richness of this area in the past and present through art, cultural heritage and the environment. Dutch water and landscape, museums, architecture, picturesque villages and towns surround the water area like a golden circle and are like hidden gems.
Art Zuiderzee takes you through time!
Reserve your ticket in advance.
Mission and vision
Policy plan Cultural ANBI
Comitee or recommendation
Partners & Collaborations
Art Zuiderzee 2024
Foundation Art Zuiderzee Route
1131 XN Volendam
Sign up for the Art Zuiderzee Golden Circle Newsletter
Art Zuiderzee gives the future a past and the past a future
i-DEPOT P.C. HART 2016 - present